Sexual enthusiasm involves both psychological enthusiasm, which causes a person to desire sex, and physical excitement, which contributes to physical changes that make it easier for a person to have sex.
While these two factors frequently go hand in hand , some people may find themselves dealing with one or both aspects of the excitement.
It is worth noting that the arousal problems are likely to be multifactorial. For instance, any of the following may influence a person’s ability to be aroused:
- cardiovascular conditions
- mental health concerns
- relationship issues
- sexual beliefs
There are, however, a variety of things a person may try to increase the level of arousal. Read on for hints and suggestions about how to turn on.
Tips and remedies for males
Males with arousal issues may have trouble with their sexual desire, having or sustaining an erection, or with ejaculation.
Issues with arousal
Males who struggle with excitement can find that it can help to make simple lifestyle changes, such as more open contact with a partner or expressing sexual desires.
Another choice would be to ask a doctor to monitor testosterone levels. Males with low testosterone levels can experience arousal difficulties. Replacing testosterone will improve.
It is therefore important to remember that the levels of testosterone fluctuate during the day. This may mean it may not be a reliable indicator to test those rates.
Alternatively, men may suggest masturbating, fantasizing, or other types of stimulation before participating in partnered sex.
As males age, they can feel excited enough to get an erection for longer. Starting the process before committing to partnered sex will help.
Erectile dysfunction is the most frequent reason males seek help with sexual problems.
A number of treatments may work. For example:
- Be mindful of the role that mental health plays in erectile dysfunction: Stress and relationship problems can sometimes affect arousal. If a doctor has confirmed this as the cause of a person’s difficulties, they may wish to consult a sex therapist, who can help them explore any mental barriers to arousal before they start taking medications.
- Ask a doctor about erectile dysfunction medications: These may help with erectile dysfunction of unknown origin or when lifestyle remedies do not work.
- Weigh up the benefits of other remedies if erectile dysfunction drugs do not work: Trying penis pumps, undergoing surgery to place a penile implant, and seeking similar procedures may help when there is a challenging medical condition causing erectile dysfunction.
Many males experience ejaculatory issues. Although the most common problem is premature ejaculation, some males do have trouble getting to orgasm and ejaculating.
These males may wish to try the following tips:
- Masturbate before having sex, then begin sex shortly before ejaculation.
- Experiment with different sexual positions and new fantasies. Some males simply need more stimulation to ejaculate.
- Get a prostate exam. Sometimes, prostate health issues can cause ejaculation problems such as painful ejaculation.
Tips and remedies for females
Female arousal issues typically fall into one or more of three categories:
- difficulty feeling interested in sex
- difficulty getting sufficiently lubricated for sex
- difficulty reaching orgasm
Remedies that work for one problem, such as low arousal, often work for another.
So, a female may wish to consider the following tips:
- Focus on clitoral stimulation: Stereotypical presentations of sex often focus on male pleasure and penis-in-vagina intercourse. However, most females need clitoral stimulation to have an orgasm. When a female routinely does not get clitoral stimulation or orgasm, they may lose interest in sex.
- Use a sexual lubricant: Some females experience vaginal dryness, even when they feel aroused. Others feel less interested in sex because they fear that dryness will cause pain. Although this can happen at any age, it is common after menopause.
- Insist on more foreplay: Because females tend to take longer than males to orgasm, females who have sex with males may need more foreplay to feel aroused.
- Enjoy getting to know one’s own body: Over time, this can increase arousal. Try exploring one’s sexual interests, and be sure to communicate this to a sexual partner.
- Ask a doctor about medications: Females with a very low sex drive may find that taking a medication specifically approved for increasing libido helps. However, these drugs remain controversial, as research suggests that they only modestly increase desire. Interventions such as more foreplay may work better.
- Ask a doctor about hormone therapy: Females who struggle with vaginal dryness or low libido may find relief from hormone therapy. After menopause, hormone replacement therapy with estrogen may improve arousal and sexual experience.
Home remedies and lifestyle changes
While there are physiological variations between males and females that that influence how they are aroused and the forms that arousal occurs, for both sexes and genders arousal starts in the brain.
Some strategies which could make most people feel more excited include:
- Watch pornography, either alone or with a partner: Although research into the long-term effects of pornography use produces inconclusive and controversial results, short-term porn use may help people become aroused. A 2016 interview-based study of couples found that people who watched porn felt more comfortable talking about sex.
- Spend time thinking about sex: This can help a person identify their sexual desires and preferences.
- Consider the role of mental health: Anxiety, depression, trauma, and the way a person feels about their relationship may all affect arousal. Trying relaxation exercises, self-care, and therapy may help.
- Masturbate: Masturbating before having sex with a partner may make it easier to become and stay aroused. Masturbation may also help a person identify their sexual interests, and it may increase sex drive. A 2015 study of middle-aged women found that masturbation increased testosterone levels. Testosterone may increase libido.
- Practice open communication about desires and needs with a sexual partner: Talking about sex outside the bedroom may help increase interest in sex. It may also make sex more pleasurable and arousing for each partner. Couples who struggle to discuss sex may find that sex therapy helps.
- Talk to a doctor: A wide range of medical conditions, especially those that affect the endocrine system, may cause arousal problems. Menopause, age-related hormone changes, and certain medications may also play a role. A doctor may be able to recommend treatment, switch a person’s medications, or diagnose an underlying health issue.
- Manage any long-term medical conditions: Poor heart health, diabetes, and other medical conditions may cause sexual dysfunction.
- Exercise, eat a healthful diet, and maintain a moderate weight: Cardiovascular disease and diabetes can both cause sexual dysfunction. Adopting a healthy lifestyle reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Consider changing birth control methods: For some people, contraceptives affect sexual desire. For example, certain types of condom may reduce sensation, while hormonal birth control methods may deplete libido.
- Use sex toys: Vibrators, dildos, and other sex toys may offer additional stimulation and improve arousal for both partners.
When to see a doctor
A person may wish to see a doctor if they:
- have a sudden change in their sexual experience, libido, or orgasm pattern
- have tried home remedies, but they have not worked
- experience side effects following the use of a new medication
- have a chronic illness and begin experiencing sexual side effects
- have other symptoms, such as painful urination or ejaculation
- have significant emotional distress that is affecting their functioning
There are several different factors which can influence sexual excitement. The problem is multifaceted for many people, with psychological factors, lifestyle and physical factors all playing a part.
Taking a thoughtful approach to chronic health issues and pursuing medical attention may also benefit.
Issues about sexual health. People with arousal disorders should see a doctor and ask for help before everything works out.
Seeing a doctor for anxiety problems is doubly critical, as they may also warn of an underlying health problem.
Erectile dysfunction: Stem cell treatment helps restore sexual function
Men who suffer from erectile dysfunction may benefit from stem cell therapy, according to preliminary results of a clinical investigation, which discovered that the process can restore sexual function in those who suffer from the problem.
Using stem cell therapy, the penis is injected with the patient’s own stem cells, derived from abdominal fat cells, in order to restore function to the erectile tissue.
Dr. Martha Haahr of the Odense University Hospital in Denmark and her colleagues discovered that, within six months of the treatment, eight of the twenty-one males treated were able to participate in spontaneous sexual encounters with others.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a medical condition in which a man has difficulty obtaining or keeping an erection in order to participate in sexual activity with another person.
As reported by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, around 12 percent of men under the age of 60, and 22 percent of males between the ages of 60 and 69, are affected by erectile dysfunction.
Physical factors that might induce ED include high blood pressure, diabetes, heart illness, chronic renal disease, and prostate surgery, to name a few. Anxiety, stress, sadness, and low self-esteem are all psychological factors that can contribute to erectile dysfunction (ED).
PDE5 inhibitors (such as Viagra), penile implants, and injections are all currently available treatments for erectile dysfunction. Dr. Haahr and his team, on the other hand, point out that all of these treatments have the potential to cause serious negative effects.
Scientists are searching for alternatives to erectile dysfunction medications as a result of this, and stem cell therapy has shown promise in animal studies as a potential treatment option.
Improvements in sexual function were seen a year after treatment was completed
Dr. Haahr and colleagues conducted a phase I trial in which they evaluated stem cell therapy on 21 men who had developed erectile dysfunction as a result of undergoing radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer. None of the guys had responded to conventional medical treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Liposuction was used to remove abdominal fat cells from each man’s abdomen in preparation for the stem cell procedure. Stem cells were then extracted from the fat cells and put into the corpus cavernosum of the penis, which is a spongy tissue that fills with blood during an erection and is thought to be responsible for this.
The International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) questionnaire was used to assess the participants’ erectile function before the stem cell operation, as well as six and twelve months after the procedure. A score of 5-7 on the IIEF indicates severe erectile dysfunction, a score of 12-16 indicates mild to moderate erectile dysfunction, and a score of 22-25 indicates no erectile dysfunction.
Every single one of the 21 males saw an improvement in erectile function following stem cell therapy, with their IIEF score increasing from 6 prior to treatment to 12 at 6 months after treatment.
After receiving stem cell therapy, eight of the males claimed that they were able to participate in spontaneous sexual activity six months following the procedure, and this result remained obvious at 12 months after the procedure. With stem cell therapy, these individuals witnessed an increase in their IIEF score from 7 to 14.
What Dr. Haahr and his team have done has established that this procedure can lead to men restoring their spontaneous erections – that is, without the use of other medications and injections, or the implantation of implants – says Dr. Haahr.
Stem cell therapy for erectile dysfunction ‘could be a long-term answer,’ according to researchers.
Despite the fact that the outcomes of the study are preliminary, the researchers believe they indicate that stem cell therapy may be a viable therapeutic option for erectile dysfunction.
“We are the first to conduct a clinical experiment in which we used a man’s own fat stem cells as a treatment for erectile dysfunction. Dr. Haahr explains that while the approach has been used in animal studies, this is the first time stem cell therapy has allowed patients to regain sufficient erectile function to engage in sexual activity.
“We are pleased with the preliminary outcomes, especially as these men had previously seen no effect from traditional medical treatment and continue to have good erectile function after 12 months follow-up, indicating that this might be a long-term solution.
This suggests the possibility of therapeutic options for patients suffering from erectile dysfunction from other causes. But we need to remember that this is a small trial, with no control group. We’re still some time away from a clinically available solution.”
Dr. Martha Haahr
Currently, the researchers are in the process of launching a phase II experiment to explore the safety and efficacy of stem cell therapy for erectile dysfunction (ED).
What are the benefits and side effects of tongkat ali?
A common Asian treatment for male sexual performance is Tongkat ali. This plant is also used by advocates of traditional medicine to help cure other illnesses and health problems.
Promising research has been conducted into the properties of Tongkat Ali. However, if they have any health problems or are taking particular drugs, people should be careful about trying it.
Read on to learn more about the common uses of Tongkat Ali and what the scientific evidence suggests about its possible benefits and side effects.
What is tongkat ali?
A shrubby tree native to Southeast Asia is Eurycoma longifolia, or tongkat ali. Malaysia, Indonesia , and Vietnam are indigenous to the plant. In regions of Cambodia, Myanmar, and Thailand, some species of the plant also grow.
Literally, Tongkat ali means “Ali’s walking stick,” which refers to its aphrodisiac impact. The “stick” refers to the long, twisted roots of the plant that some groups harvest for their medicinal value, some people claim.
Additional common names for E. Longifolia is Long Jack, ginseng from Malaysia, and Ali’s Umbrella.
In fact , there are three other species of plant that people may refer to as tongkat ali. These are apiculata from Entomophthora, bullata from Polyalthia, and Goniothalamus.
However, this article will concentrate on E. longifolia.
Within Asia, E. longifolia is a well-known aphrodisiac and malaria remedy. Individuals prefer to make remedies using the flowering plant ‘s roots, bark, and fruits.
As shown in a 2016 review, in traditional medicine, individuals use E. longifolia to relieve the following conditions:
- sexual dysfunction
- high blood pressure
- intestinal worms
- exercise recovery
- aches and pains
The same review concluded that E. Longifolia is, for some conditions, a promising herbal remedy. There is insufficient data, however, concerning its protection and efficacy.
The plant roots are often used by individuals to stimulate appetite and enhance strength and energy. They are used as an antibiotic among some.
Traditionally, people drank the plant with a water decoction. Nowadays, though, there are many E. Longifolia products, including powders and capsules, are available.
The plant includes several compounds that are bioactive, including alkaloids and steroids. The main active compound in the roots are quassinoids.
The plant is known by herbalists as an adaptogen. An adaptogen is a herb that allows the body, including physical, chemical , and biological stress, to adapt to various types of stress.
For some circumstances, Tongkat ali can have health benefits. Some of these requirements will be looked at in more detail in the following pages.
Male fertility and sexual performance
Some research indicates that E. Longifolia can improve the fertility and sexual performance of males.
Animal and human research indicate, according to a 2016 study, that the beneficial effects could include:
- increased semen volumes, sperm count, sperm viability, and sperm motility
- increased production of testosterone
- enhanced erectile function and sexual performance
A research in rats in 2019 showed that the aphrodisiac effects of E. Longifolia may be attributed to elevated levels of testosterone and increased brain dopamine levels.
Athletes sometimes use ergogenic aids to enhance their performance. E. longifolia may act as an ergogenic aid because it decreases stress and increases testosterone levels, according to one 2016 review.
With high dosages and long-term supplementation, the researchers concluded that E. In relation to endurance performance, longifolia might have some benefit.
A 2014 pilot study in physically active individuals aged 57-72 years reported increased muscle strength and testosterone rises following E supplementation. An extract of longifolia for 5 weeks.
A 2018 review examined the evidence for E. Longifolia in rats with osteoporosis. This concluded that E. Longifolia seemed to be less successful than other typical herbs from Malaysia.
However, according to the study, there may still be scope for its use in the prevention of bone loss.
Stress hormones in 63 people taking tongkat ali extract or placebo for 4 weeks were evaluated in a report in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.
In individuals taking the extract, the researchers saw important improvements in frustration, tension, and uncertainty. The levels of testosterone grew and the levels of the stress hormone cortisol decreased.
They concluded that tongkat ali could be an effective cure for chronic modern-day stress, sleep deprivation, and preparation for exercise.
Another 2018 research looked at the cumulative impacts of E. In moderately stressed but otherwise healthy participants, longifolia and multivitamins. Enhanced vigor and emotional well-being were reported by the participants. Glucose concentrations also reduced, which may also have led to the well-being of the participants.
Scientists are discovering and identifying new quassinoids in E. Longifolia, which can be used to combat cancer. Laboratory experiments show that the compounds are toxic to lung and cervical cancer cells in test tubes.
A review from 2018 identified 16 compounds in E. Isolated from different parts of the plant, longifolia displayed promising anti-cancer properties.
Another laboratory research found that quassinoids were extracted from E. Longifolia has been effective against prostate cancer cells in humans. However, testosterone therapy for prostate cancer is contraindicated by the Endocrine Society, so it is not advisable to use the plant for this disease.
Anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects
Some review suggests that E. longifolia is effective against bacteria, including Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhi.
Extracts of the plant showed anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in test tube tests.
Risks and side effects
A 2016 review on the safety and toxicity of E. Longifolia has confirmed that, when used in therapeutic doses, it does not seem to have adverse effects on sperm in test tubes. Animal studies show, however, that it may be toxic at higher concentrations.
It was concluded in the same review that scientists consider E. Longifolia is healthy as long as it is not taken in high doses by people. With caution, the authors suggest taking 200-400 milligrams daily, especially if the individual is an older adult.
Individuals with hormonal cancers should be vigilant when taking E. Longifolia, as it can increase the level of testosterone. These effects may not be the same in the human body, although laboratory tests have shown beneficial effects.
People taking medications to lower their blood glucose should speak to their doctor before taking E. Longifolia, because the effects of these medications may increase.
Some reports, according to the study, advise individuals with certain conditions to avoid E. longifolia. These conditions include cancer, heart disease , and kidney disease. Individuals with compromised immune systems should be alert as well.
For multiple health conditions, Tongkat ali appears to be a successful solution. Some research indicates that male fertility, sexual performance, and stress are beneficial. It could also be an efficient ergonomic aid.
Some laboratory studies indicate the effectiveness of E. Anti-cancer longifolia in test tubes. Research also suggests, however, that individuals with such cancers should stop using it.
For those who have some health issues and others who are on different drugs, there are certain safety concerns. Hence, before taking any herbal supplements, a person should check with their doctor.
Can apple cider vinegar treat erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction ( ED) can be a stressful disorder, particularly when traditional therapies do not work. However, the use of apple cider vinegar as an effective treatment choice for ED is backed by no clinical evidence.
But Apple cider vinegar can help a person control aspects of some medical conditions that can lead to ED.
Anecdotal evidence and folk medical practice both indicate that the use of apple cider vinegar can improve ED.
After taking the apple cider vinegar, most males report little to no side effects. This can make it an option for males who wish to improve ED symptoms but have reservations about the adverse effects of ED drugs.
In this post, we’ll discuss the apple cider vinegar research and its potential effects on ED.
Apple cider vinegar for ED
For certain males, ED means being completely unable to get an erection. In others, ED can mean an erection doesn’t last long enough or needs a lot of effort to sustain it.
There have been no research investigating the direct effects of apple cider vinegar on ED. That means a male should not use it as their only ED treatment , particularly when the cause is unknown.
The most common factors which trigger ED include:
- relationship issues
- kidney disease
- multiple sclerosis
- type 2 diabetes
- heart disease
- high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- injuries to the penis due to surgery or trauma
- bladder or prostate cancer
- bladder or prostate surgery
- Anecdotal evidence has suggested that apple cider vinegar can relieve the effects of some of the causes of ED.
However with many of these factors, clinical studies into the efficacy of apple cider vinegar has had mixed findings.
What does the research say?
We cover some of the research in the sections below. It is important to remember that certain studies find a gain but were planned small or poorly. Others revealed there was no benefit at all from apple cider vinegar.
Before using apple cider vinegar as a treatment, males with ED should always speak with their doctor.
While apple cider vinegar does not treat ED directly, it may help relieve some of its causes. For example:
Protecting heart health
Apple cider vinegar may help lower blood lipid levels and lower cholesterol levels, which may boost heart health. Theoretically this can decrease the intensity of ED.
A 2014 female mice study found that apple cider vinegar has the ability to suppress blood lipids.
A 2018 male rat study found an association between apple cider vinegar and enhanced cardiovascular health. While the rats consumed a high fat diet, apple cider vinegar decreased the risk of obesity, which is associated with cardiovascular disease.
Also, rats who ate apple cider vinegar were less likely to undergo metabolic changes related to obesity and heart health worsening.
Improving organ health
Oxidative stress can over time cause damage to the kidneys and liver. Mice research has found apple cider vinegar can slow down signs of oxidative stress in the kidneys and liver.
Apple cider vinegar can also increase antioxidant levels which may boost the health of the organ.
While no research has shown that it can prevent development of ED due to damage to the kidney or liver, it does suggest that people with organ conditions may benefit from taking apple cider vinegar.
There is also no indication that apple cider vinegar improves ED symptoms after recent organ surgery.
Diabetes can undermine the health and circulation of the heart, potentially making an erection difficult to attain and maintain. Apple cider vinegar may help treat diabetes, some research has found.
A 2015 research on mice with diabetes, for example , found that apple cider vinegar could significantly reduce blood glucose levels. Other studies have revealed that different vinegars can help with diabetes.
However, a 2016 review of earlier research concluded that there is no clear evidence linking apple cider vinegar to an improvement in symptoms of diabetes. We need more research.
The analysis suggests other vinegars may be beneficial, but the author does suggest the benefits outweigh the risks of apple cider vinegar for people with diabetes.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider is an apple juice which is fermented. Manufacturers make apple ciders from apple cider vinegar. Apple cider usually contains alcohol, so vinegar made from apple cider can also contain alcohol.
Apple cider vinegar has long been used as a treatment by people, and its supporters advocate its use to treat conditions like diabetes, psoriasis and cardiovascular diseases.
In apple cider vinegar, the exact concentrations of both alcohol and apples can vary from one manufacturer to another. The healthiest choice is organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
To obtain classification as such, all vinegars must contain at least 4 grams of acetic acid per 100 millilitres.
Is apple cider vinegar safe?
Apple cider vinegar should not be used in people allergic to apples or ciders.
People with a history of acid reflux or other acid-related issues with the stomach may also want to stop using apple cider vinegar because of its acid content.
To prevent potential acidic burning of the throat, it is safer to prevent the use of apple cider vinegar for people with throat pain, mouth sores or ulcers unless a doctor suggests otherwise.
The use of strong apple cider vinegar has been linked with safety issues.
There are also concerns it can erode the enamel of the tooth.
Using apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a dietary supplement but no particular dose is recommended.
It has a very strong taste which makes it useful in some dishes as a pungent seasoning.
People can purchase apple cider vinegar clear or with the fuzzy protein strands and healthy intestinal bacteria.
A few ways to use apple cider vinegar include:
- adding a small quantity, such as a teaspoon, to a smoothie
- replacing salad dressing or other vinegars
- swallowing a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar as a daily supplement
- mixing a teaspoon with sparkling water for a flavorful drink
Various therapies can help ED people control their condition. Prescription medicines can help a male get and maintain an erection. It may also help to treat any underlying medical problems.
Males suffering from depression or anxiety can find their ED improving with therapy , medication or both. Similarly, therapy for couples may help couples resolve tension, sexual issues or ED related relationships.
Apple cider vinegar may be an important alternative alongside standard medical treatments that can lead to ED. However, males should not use apple cider vinegar as their first option treatment, if the cause of ED is unknown.
They should also opt for medical advice and examination in order to clarify the underlying cause. When a cause has been identified by the doctor, regular and additional medications, including apple cider vinegar, may help relieve symptoms.